What you need to know from your wedding photographer
In today’s age of digital camera and phones with great cameras, it is becoming increasingly easy for anyone to buy a digital camera and then offer their services as a wedding photographer. Your wedding is one of the most important days of your life and so you will to be sure that you are employing someone who has taken the time and effort to ensure that they can offer the service you want and has the necessary tools of the trade and experience that you need.
To help you in making this choice I have created a list of items that any professional photographer will be able to answer very easily and provide you with peace of mind that they are as concerned as you are to ensure that your day goes without a hitch. So ask away!
- What insurances do you hold?
o Public liability to £5 million
o Employers liability
o Professional indemnity
o Equipment Insurance
- Is all your equipment PAT tested?
- Do you have a complete set of spare equipment?
- Have you got your own risk assessment and method statement?
- Are you covered if one of your photographers becomes ill?
- Are you a member of a trade body?
- Are you a qualified member of a trade body?
- How many wedding have you shot before?
- Do you keep all the digital files, if so for how long?
- Can you offer a range of wedding books?
- When did you last go on a training course?
- Are you recommended by any venues?
If you are unsure why you should have any of these or would like to know more please give me a call and I will be happy to explain:
Jonathan 07787 505786